Format: An essay of up to 3,000 words
Eligibility: Any UNT econ‐major undergraduate student
UNT deadline: Monday, October 22, 2018.
Where to submit: Email your paper to Dr. Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
The best essay will be submitted to the DABE contest after some revisions within a week, if necessary.
DABE provides $1000, $500, and $300 awards to the three winners.
More details on essay:
- The essay can be written on current problem or issue in a local, regional, national, or global context that lends itself to economic analysis or application of economic theory.
- The essay should contain a concise statement of the problem, support a finding using economic principles, research and analysis, and offer original solutions or recommendations.
- Essays may be based on prior class work or developed for the competition.
- Past essays include urban transportation, deregulation of electricity, U.S. budget surplus and trade deficits, birth control, the gold standard, renewable energy policy, and global trade.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated; appropriate citations or references must be made. The essay must be formatted in 12‐point Times New Roman font and should not contain spelling, computational or grammatical errors.