Structured Query Language (SQL) is a method to extract data for analysis from large databases.
SQL skills are in strong demand by employers.
This workshop's goals are:
- Provide an ethical framework regarding data and its uses
- Define what the SQL language is and give examples of its uses
- Introduce SQL queries (SELECTS, INSERT INTO, JOINS, DELETE, etc.)
- Understand syntax of SQL queries
- Use JOINS so as to understand the necessities of putting data back together from one table to another
- Allow the attendees to get "hands on" experience from test databases
This workshop is open to undergraduate and graduate Economics students.
Seating is very limited. Please RSVP to Dr. Michael Nieswiadomy at email@example.com