Academic Assistant Positions in the Department of Economics
The Department of Economics at the University of North Texas invites applications for Academic Assistant positions. We accept applications year round, but most jobs start at the beginning of each fall and spring semester. The need for new workers varies from semester to semester. Academic Assistants (AAs) are top students who have completed at least 12 hours of coursework in Economics. AAs primarily work in the Economics Help Center, working with students taking Principles of Macroeconomics or Principles of Microeconomics. Some AAs are assigned to be a grader for an instructor or to help students taking upper division classes.
Must be an Economics Major or Minor.
Preference for these positions will be given (1) to Juniors and Seniors with a GPA of 3.2 or above; and (2) to applicants who have completed at least 2 ECON courses (6 credit hours) at UNT.
Application Instructions (IMPORTANT-Please read):
- Complete Career Center application for "Economic Help Center Academic Assistant" (Job ID 1750762) online at: http://studentaffairs.unt.edu/career-center/eagle-careers
- Complete this department application form [link] and submit it to the Department of Economics.
- Upon completion of steps 1 and 2, Applicant will take an exam over Principles of Microeconomics and Principles of Macroeconomics. The exam will be scheduled at a time mutually agreed upon by Applicant and department representative.
- Successful Applicants will be asked to schedule an in-person interview.
- If we wish to offer an AA position, Applicant must submit a criminal history background check form to the UNT Career Center for processing. Department will provide this form. An offer of employment can be made only after the Career Center notifies us that this has been completed. (Per UNT policy 05.025.)
The position pays $16 per hour for undergraduates and most are scheduled for 15 to 20 hours per week.
UNT is an AA/ADA/EOE