Academic Assistant Positions in the Department of Economics
The Department of Economics at the University of North Texas invites applications for Academic Assistant positions. We accept applications year round, but most jobs start at the beginning of each fall and spring semester. The need for new workers varies from semester to semester. Academic Assistants (AAs) are top students who have completed at least 12 hours of coursework in Economics. AAs primarily work in the Economics Help Center, working with students taking Principles of Macroeconomics or Principles of Microeconomics. Some AAs are assigned to be a grader for an instructor or to help students taking upper division classes.
Required Qualifications: Applicants
- must be an Economics Major or Minor, and
- must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework in Economics.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference for thess positions will be given
- to Juniors and Seniors with a GPA of 3.2 or above, and
- to applicants who have completed at least 2 ECON courses (6 credit hours) at UNT.
Application Instructions (IMPORTANT-Please read):
- Complete Career Center application online (click here for more information).
- Go to Handshake and log in with your MyUNT information. If you haven't logged on before, please register an account with your UNT student email.
Fill out your profile.
Upload your documents such as your Resumes, Cover Letters, On Campus Student Employment Application, and others to Handshake. (Student Employment Application Form - You may be prompted to open the form with a different viewer in order to complete it.)
Apply for "Economic Help Center Academic Assistant" (Job ID 1750762)
- Complete Department Application Form and submit it to the Department of Economics.
- Upon completion of steps 1 and 2, Applicant will take an exam over Principles of Microeconomics and Principles of Macroeconomics. The exam will be scheduled at a time mutually agreed upon by Applicant and department representative.
- Successful Applicants will be asked to schedule an in-person interview.
- If we wish to offer an AA position, Applicant will be sent a formal offer letter that includes information about a required background check and other steps to be placed on payroll.
The position pays $16 per hour for undergraduates and most are scheduled for 15 to 20 hours per week.
UNT is an AA/ADA/EOE