The Department of Economics is hosting an informative talk by our very own Dr. Tieslau on graduate school.
The seminar would be relevant for undergraduates at ALL levels; it is never too early to prepare for graduate school. Thus, all levels of undergraduate students could benefit from this talk
Here are some of the topics:
- Is graduate school right for you? Who should (or should not) consider graduate school?
- What is graduate school like? What can I expect life to be like in graduate school?
- What can a person do with a graduate degree? What job possibilities will this open up?
- What is the difference between a PhD program and a Master's program? Which one is for me?
- What are the best PhD programs in Economics? What are the best Master's programs?
- Details about the Master's program in Economics at UNT.
- What kind of funding can I expect to obtain in graduate school?
- Applying to graduate school: What do I need to do to get ready?